lauantai 5. maaliskuuta 2011

New server and new way to use computers

In my new job it is important to have several operating systems available to test software before publishing to the customers. There comes e.g. Parallels and VirtualBox into great use. If, and when, things go wrong, it is easy to return back to the old snapshots.

Now my home server got a new life. It was upgraded a lot and configured in a new way. It is also great to find out that my laptop is able to show several user interfaces at the same screen at the same time. The native system is Ubuntu Gnome, of course :) But it starts Virtual environments as well. Currently two versions on Windows/Visual Studio and now yet another user interface from my Ubuntu server by VNCServer/vncviewer. Confusing but intresting :)

I really like virtualization and remote use of these systems.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti